Thursday, May 12, 2005

 

Politics as Usual

Another $82 billion approved for further bloodshed in Iraq and Afghanistan with unanimous senate approval!

I should rename this Blog to "Observations from the Politically Naive ," because only someone like me would actually find this news surprising or even mildly shocking. To oppose an active war is certain political suicide, or so I'm told. Better to kill other people than have one's own political career in jeopardy, the reasoning must go.

Still, I would have expected more out of our more progressive senators. Dick Durbin, how could you? And Barbara Boxer?! I thought she had more "balls" than that.

I guess no one wants to look like they aren't supporting our troops. I bet they'd feel plenty supported if we flew them back home to be with their families.

And someone please explain to me why the bill includes $592 million for a secure diplomatic compound in Baghdad. I mean seriously, half a billion dollars for a fucking embassy? Is this some sort of joke? Doesn't anybody question these things?

The worst part is, I'm paying for it...and so are you!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?