Wednesday, January 05, 2005

 

End of the Blog?

Doesn't seem like this blog is really getting off the ground. The frequency of my posts has slowed down secondary to the lack of response. I must also admit that my initial aggravation and "call to arms" feeling after the election, has now drifted to complacency and apathy. Which is exactly what the corporate right-wing ruling class wants, I guess. Or maybe they just don't care, 'cos there never really seems to be much I can do to fight them anyway.

It would be fun to be an activist and spend all my time pushing for progressive reform. Who knows what good it would do. But the reality is, I have a job, I have other responsibilities, and after the high emotions fade, I fall back into the day to day routine, paying my bills, feeding my cat, taking out the garbage, worrying about my daughter, etc...

I'd like to believe that, on the horizon, there is an evolution of consciousness that will occur in the human race. More and more, people will realize, "Hey...killing thousands of people on false pretenses just ain't right," or "Hey...it just isn't right for the rich to keep getting richer while the poor keep getting poorer." Maybe. I'd like to believe that, anyway. I'd like to see that in my lifetime.

Comments:
Change direction. You are being read. I have been reading you! I even put a link on my blog so I could come back and see what you were saying. I blog because it's the only place I can say what I want without interruption! It's been great. Took AGES for me to build up from a trickle of traffic. But, my prime motive is to keep the links I like and to be able to say what I want. Yours was a good link. Hope you don't give up.
http://fraises.blogspot.com/

Cheers!!
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?